Avon and Somerset Police have a dedicated team of officers serving the parish of Stoke Gifford, headed by Neighbourhood Beat Manager PC Julie Rudyard.
There are currently two Police Community Support Officers (PCSOs) in the team.
For more information, visit the Stoke Gifford Beat page on the Avon and Somerset Police website.
‘The Stokes and Villages’ Police Newsletters:
- 2013 Issue 4 [PDF, 307kB]
Police Beat Surgery
A ‘drop-in’ surgery (no appointment necessary) is held every Wednesday between 11am and 12.30pm at Little Stoke Community Hall, Little Stoke Park, Little Stoke BS34 6HR.
Police Enquiry Office
Members of the public can visit the enquiry office at Patchway Police Centre, Gloucester Road, Patchway BS34 6PY, which is open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 5pm Saturday & Sunday (closed Christmas Day and Boxing Day).
Community Engagement Forum for Stoke Gifford
Community Engagement Forums (CEFs), previously known as Safer and Stronger Community Groups are about listening and responding to local people’s real issues. People in their communities know best what works for them and what their real needs are.
The aims are:
- To promote pride in the local area as a safe, thriving and pleasant place to live, work and play
- To reduce crime, disorder and drug and alcohol misuse in the area
- To empower local people to have a greater voice and influence over local decision making and service delivery by increasing the strength, capacity and engagement of the local community
- To improve the quality of life of people in the local area by identifying community aspirations, needs and local priorities.
CEFs have been developed through working with various partner agencies including the Avon & Somerset Police, Avon Fire & Rescue, health, town and parish councils and local organisations. CEFs are also about working in partnership with elected members; they aim to provide a platform for building strong and cohesive communities in which everyone, regardless of background, has a real sense of community involvement.
CEFs also support groups who wish to make a positive difference and improve their own communities. This is achieved by supporting community engagement initiatives.
Stoke Gifford is served by the Stoke Gifford, UWE, Cheswick, East of Harry Stoke and Stoke Park Community Engagement Forum. The next meeting of the forum takes place on Thursday 17th October 2019 at Little Stoke Community Hall, Little Stoke, Bristol BS34 6HR (1pm start).
South Gloucestershire Police News on TwitterTweets by ASPSouthGlos
Recent Police Stories in The Journal
- Appeal for information following burglaries in Stoke Gifford, Little Stoke and Stoke Lodge
- Appeal for witnesses after householders threatened in Little Stoke burglary attempt
- PCSO Archie joins Stoke Gifford neighbourhood beat team
- Suspected stolen tools recovered from car stopped by police in Coldharbour Lane
- Witness appeal after hammer-wielding men break into Stoke Gifford pensioner’s home
- Alert over spate of distraction burglaries, including one in Little Stoke
- Parish councillors raise concerns over “lack of police resources” in Stoke Gifford
- Police appeal following high value jewellery burglary in Beaufort Crescent
- Witness appeal following attempted robbery near Braydon Avenue, Little Stoke
- Witness appeal following fatal collision on Hatchet Road