Stoke Gifford benefits from the large number of services that call at Bristol Parkway Station. These services travel along Hatchet Road, Brierly Furlong and Great Stoke Way (southbound) or Fox Den Road ((northbound).
The remainder of the parish is, however, poorly served – particularly after the 72 service stopped visiting Hunts Ground Road when it was replaced by the U7 in September 2011.
Services calling at Bristol Parkway Station:
|18||Southmead Hospital – Emersons Green|
|73, 74||Cribbs Causeway – Parkway – City Centre|
|312||Thornbury – Parkway – UWE – Fishponds|
|318||Cribbs Causeway – Parkway – UWE – Keynsham|
|319||Cribbs Causeway – Parkway – UWE – Bath|
|501, 502||Avonmouth – Parkway – UWE|
|581||Chipping Sodbury- Parkway – UWE – Hanham|
|625||Severn Beach – Parkway – UWE|
|X73||Stoke Lodge – Parkway – City Centre|
|70||UWE – Ashley Down – City Centre|
|482, 483||Cribbs Causeway – Chipping Sodbury|
|11||UWE – City Centre – Bower Ashton|
|12||UWE – Gloucester Road – City Centre|
|13||UWE – Fishponds – City Centre|
|14||UWE – City Centre (via M32)|
|15||UWE – Clifton Down – City Centre|
|X18||Kingswood – Emersons Green – UWE – Aztec West|
Bus Timetables and Route Maps
- South Gloucestershire Council – Timetables (for ALL operators)
- First Group (Bristol) – Timetables
- First Group (Bristol) – Maps/Routes
- Wessex Connect (Bristol) – Timetables
- Wessex Red – Maps/Timetables
Real-Time Bus Information
Available at bus stops on the following local routes: 70, 73, 74, 318, 319, X73.
Also available online here. Search by service number, stop reference or postcode.
- Traveline – the UK’s No 1 website for impartial information on planning your journey, by bus, coach or train … or any combination of the three!
- Four Towns & Vale Link Community Transport – Providing safe, cost effective, accessible transport to residents and groups to complement the existing transport system.
- Getting About Greater Bristol (Accessible Transport) – Travel information for disabled people.
Latest Transport Stories in The Journal
- Parkway Station railway upgrade work moves to next phase
- Group formed to “Save Hatchet Road” from “white elephant” MetroBus scheme
- Drop-in event to reveal latest plans for railway work around Parkway Station
- SGC rejects councillors’ appeal to reconsider Hatchet Road bus lane plan
- Survey work this week on Hatchet Road as SGC continues to progress bus lane scheme
- Plans go in for fourth platform at Bristol Parkway
- Councillors to press for deferral of Hatchet Road bus lane plans
- Residents invited to Parkway Station drop-in event as electrification work approaches
- Councils on collision course over Hatchet Road bus lane plans
- Rail passengers reminded of tunnel closure
Photo: A number 18 bus pictured at Kingsway, Little Stoke.