Stoke Gifford benefits from the large number of services that call at Bristol Parkway Station. These services travel along Hatchet Road, Brierly Furlong and Great Stoke Way (southbound) or Fox Den Road ((northbound).
The remainder of the parish is, however, poorly served – particularly after the 72 service stopped visiting Hunts Ground Road when it was replaced by the U7 in September 2011.
Services calling at Bristol Parkway Station
|18||Southmead Hospital – Emersons Green|
|73||Cribbs Causeway – Parkway – City Centre|
|77||Thornbury – UWE – Southmead Hospital – City Centre|
|312||Thornbury – Parkway – UWE – Fishponds|
|318||Cribbs Causeway – Parkway – UWE – Keynsham|
|319||Cribbs Causeway – Parkway – UWE – Bath|
|501, 502||Avonmouth – Parkway – UWE|
|581||Chipping Sodbury- Parkway – UWE – Hanham|
|625||Severn Beach – Parkway – UWE|
|70||UWE – Ashley Down – City Centre|
|482, 483||Cribbs Causeway – Chipping Sodbury|
|11||UWE – City Centre – Bower Ashton|
|12||UWE – Gloucester Road – City Centre|
|13||UWE – Fishponds – City Centre|
|14||UWE – City Centre (via M32)|
|15||UWE – Clifton Down – City Centre|
|X18||Kingswood – Emersons Green – UWE – Aztec West|
Bus Timetables and Route Maps
- South Gloucestershire Council – Timetables (for ALL operators)
- First Group (Bristol) – Timetables
- First Group (Bristol) – Maps/Routes
- Wessex Connect (Bristol) – Timetables
- Wessex Red – Maps/Timetables
Real-Time Bus Information
Available at bus stops on the following local routes: 70, 73, 74, 318, 319, X73.
Also available online here. Search by service number, stop reference or postcode.
- Traveline – the UK’s No 1 website for impartial information on planning your journey, by bus, coach or train … or any combination of the three!
- Four Towns & Vale Link Community Transport – Providing safe, cost effective, accessible transport to residents and groups to complement the existing transport system.
- Getting About Greater Bristol (Accessible Transport) – Travel information for disabled people.
Latest Transport Stories in The Journal
- Traffic lights to be installed at Parkway bridge to facilitate ‘social distancing’
- Consultation on statutory notice for 20mph speed limit in Stoke Gifford ‘village’
- Pedestrian and cyclist route reopened under Gipsy Patch Lane railway bridge
- Coronavirus crisis: Gipsy Patch Lane railway bridge replacement postponed
- More speed calming measures coming soon to Stoke Lane, despite public opposition
- Frustration over Parkway ‘MetroBus’ works
- Gipsy Patch Lane: 8-month full road closure set to start on Thursday
- Enforcement of weight limit on Braydon Avenue
- Bridge replacement still on track for Easter despite piling delays
- “Unforeseen ground conditions” lead to need for more overnight piling work at railway bridge
Photo: A number 18 bus pictured at Kingsway, Little Stoke.