Safer & Stronger Community Group
South Gloucestershire’s 20 Safer & Stronger Community Groups (SSCGs) are all about working together to improve your local community. The groups also enable you to have your say about the services that your community receives.
These groups have been set up as part of the Neighbourhood Policing Model and South Gloucestershire Council’s Community Engagement initiative.
Their members include people who live and work in the area and representatives from the local police, Avon Fire & Rescue, Primary Care Trust, South Gloucestershire Council, the Town & Parish Council and other local organisations. The aim is to:
- Work together to ensure that local communities are safe and pleasant places to live, work and play
- Give local people a greater voice and influence over local decisions and the priorities of the service providers
- Fund and support initiatives that help overcome issues raised by SSCG attendees, for example, Community Speed Watch equipment and activities that promote community cohesion and integration
Visit the Stoke Gifford Safer & Stronger Community Group page on the South Gloucestershire Council website.
The next Stoke Gifford Safer & Stronger Community Group meeting takes place at Little Stoke Hall, Little Stoke Lane, Little Stoke, Stoke Gifford at 7pm on Wednesday 5th December 2012.
Minutes of recent meetings:
- 12th September 2012 [PDF]
- 30th May 2012 [PDF]
- 21st February 2012 [PDF]
- 16th November 2011 [PDF]
- 17th August 2011 [MS Word]
- 16th February 2011 [MS Word]
- Stoke Gifford Police (The Journal)