Family of three escape Bush Avenue house fire

Phot of a fire-damaged house.
A house in Bush Avenue, Little Stoke, damaged in a fire on Sunday 10th April 2022.

Dramatic scenes in Bush Avenue, Little Stoke, on Sunday night (10th April 2022) saw a mother and two children escape from a blazing semi-detached house.

Approximately 30 firefighters from Patchway, Avonmouth, Southmead, Temple, Kingswood and Yate attended the incident, which was first reported to the emergency services at 8.25pm.

A report from Avon Fire & Rescue says that, on arrival, crews found the house “well alight”.

Ten firefighters wearing breathing apparatus for safety used three 45mm jets and three high pressure hose reels alongside a triple extension ladder, thermal imaging cameras, turntable ladder, gas monitors and small tools to extinguish the blaze.

The fire service says three residents “self-rescued” and were checked over by ambulance staff at the scene.

Kitchen & Laundry Appliance Care.

An unverified report on social media says the two children were passed to safety from a bedroom window before firefighters arrived.

The cause of the fire is thought to be accidental.

Firefighters from Kingswood re-attended the house at 12.15am to complete a full risk assessment and ensure the property was safe from re-ignition.

Workers from the utility companies have also attended to make safe their respective supplies.

Fundraising page for the family: Help Jade and her two children!! (GoFundMe)

Share this page: