Major employers in the Stoke Gifford area include Aviva (formerly Friends Provident, AXA, Sun Life), the MoD, Hewlett Packard and the University of the West of England (UWE).
Business parks in the area include Bristol Business Park (in Coldharbour Lane, opposite UWE – where employers include Dupont, Thales, QinetiQ and Motability Finance).
Advert placed 28th September 2019.
School website: https://littlestokeps.co.uk/our-school/staff-vacancies/
Advert placed 31st August 2019.
Community Reporter (part-time)
Status: Company employee (PAYE) or freelance
Hours of work: 16 hours per month (flexible)
- Working from home, research and write news stories for publication in the Stoke Gifford Journal magazine
- Flexible working hours between 9am and 5pm, with the occasional need to attend events in the evening or at weekends
- Establish and maintain contacts with local schools, community groups and businesses
- Proactively seek out stories of interest from the Stoke Gifford / Little Stoke area
- Take on story-writing tasks assigned by the editor
- Conduct interviews: Face-to-face, over the phone and via email
- Attend events and photo opportunities in the Stoke Gifford / Little Stoke area
- Occasionally attend events in Bradley Stoke and other nearby areas
- Provide regular progress reports to the editor
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to tell a story in a clear, logical and engaging manner
- Ability to produce accurate work with attention to detail
- Good computer skills, including word processor, spreadsheet and email
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good online research skills
- Good social media skills
- Confident using a standalone or smartphone camera, with basic knowledge of how to obtain a good quality, well composed photograph
- Keen interest in local affairs
- Good knowledge of the local area
- Ability to work independently
- Commitment to meeting agreed deadlines
Equipment and transport
- Use of own computer (or a laptop can be provided)
- Use of own broadband connection
- Use of own smartphone (allowance paid for calls)
- Use of own transport or public transport to attend events (costs reimbursed)
To find out more, please call Stephen Horton (Editor, North Bristol Press) on 01454 300 400 for an informal discussion, or send a brief resumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org
There may be potential for working additional hours within other areas of the North Bristol Press business.
Advert placed 31st July 2019.
Apply online at http://careers.g4s.com/
Select “Cash Solutions Jobs” and search “Cashier” as keyword and “Bristol” as zip/postcode/city.
Advert placed 18th March 2019.
Stoke Gifford Parish Council is seeking a
Full Time Groundsperson
|LOCATED AT:||Parish Council Office, The Community Hall, Little Stoke Lane, Little Stoke, BS34 6HR|
|REPORTING TO:||Head Groundsperson|
|WORKING HOURS:||37 hours per week (Monday to Friday) with additional plain time for rostered weekend working currently between 3 staff during the sporting season (September to May).|
|SALARY:||£18,672 to £21,693 per annum plus additional plain time for rostered weekend working during the sporting season. The starting salary will be subject to skills and experience demonstrated during the interview process.|
|HOLIDAYS:||24 days per annum (rising to 29 after 5 years continuous local government service).|
|PENSION:||Local Government Pension Scheme administered by Bath and North East Somerset Council|
|For a full job description, see: Groundsperson advert [PDF]|
Anyone interested in this vacancy should forward their CV with a supporting letter outlining why they are applying for this position. Further information can be obtained by contacting the Parish Clerk.
The closing date for this vacancy will be Friday, 29th March 2019 with interviews scheduled to take place w/c Monday, 1st April 2019.
Stoke Gifford Parish Council, The Community Hall, Little Stoke Lane, Little Stoke, BS34 6HR. Tel: 01454 865202. Email email@example.com
Advert placed 11th March 2019.
Chef/Cook at Jump Bristol!
Ranges from £6.35 up to £8.05 p/h + bonus (rates of pay are age dependant, applicants must be over age of 18 to apply for this role)
We are looking for a Chef/Cook to join our team and take overall responsibility for the kitchen area.
Previous experience in a busy kitchen environment is required
(at least 1 year).
Our cafe is a very busy environment so the successful candidate must be naturally organised and capable of working under pressure.
Hours are normally 9am-6pm, 5 days per week but can vary slightly. Extra shifts may be required during holidays and busy periods.
***Weekend and Bank Holiday work is absolutely essential***
Please email Dawn Hall (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your CV and cover letter!
Interviews will be arranged immediately with the view to the successful candidate starting in the next 2 weeks. Good luck!
Advert placed 17th May 2018.
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A
It’s an exciting time to be part of APRIL UK!
As an award-winning protection and health insurance specialist, we are currently experiencing strong growth across our distribution lines and product range. As a result we are now looking to expand our Tele-Marketing Team to meet the growing demand for our services.
We are looking for Tele-Marketing Representatives to help deliver the company’s marketing plan; by making out-bound calls to individuals and businesses; in a team-oriented department. Full training will be provided on products.
- Sourcing and researching own leads
- Telephoning small and medium-sized companies to arrange appointments for business consultants
- Working closely with business consultants and communicating key information relating to their appointments made
Experience in this area is preferred but not essential; the most important attributes are:
- Being self-motivated; with a determination to get results
- Having strong communication skills; and confidence on the telephone
- Being enthusiastic and having a ‘can-do’ attitude
Salary: £8.00 to £8.50 per hour depending upon experience
Hours: Monday to Thursday 10am – 2pm
Location: Bradley Stoke, Bristol
Please apply by emailing your CV to Claire Sibbald at:
Advert placed 13th October 2017.
Looking for a meaningful, part-time role in north Bristol? Home Instead has vacancies for CareGivers. No prior experience necessary.
For more information, visit Home Instead Bristol North.
Don’t miss the latest Stoke Gifford jobs : Become a fan on Facebook
Aviva, Stoke Gifford
Aviva has a major site at Brierly Furlong, Stoke Gifford. The business centre previously operated under the brands Friends Provident, AXA and Sun Life.
More information: Careers at Aviva
Sainsbury’s, Stoke Gifford
Frequently advertised roles include General Assistant, Customer Service, Warehouse Assistant and Counter Assistant.
Ministry of Defence, Abbey Wood
The site manages procurement contracts for the Royal Navy, the British Army and the Royal Air Force.
Abbey Wood is the largest MoD site in the UK with 7,000 staff – rising to 10,300 by 2012 with the opening of new buildings nearby.
More information: Civilian jobs at the MOD
Stoke Gifford Train Depot
Japanese firm Hitachi is creating 150 jobs at its newly built train service depot in Stoke Gifford.
The £80m facility, near Bristol Parkway Station, will maintain the new Intercity Express (ICE) trains which will run on the Great Western route.
Recruitment for the 150 jobs has already started to ensure the facility is ready ahead of arrival of the new trains, which will connect London to Wales and the South West of England, entering service later this year.
- Hitachi to create 150 jobs at new train depot in Stoke Gifford
- Latest vacancies at the Stoke Gifford Train Depot
University of the West of England, Frenchay
The University of the West of England (UWE) is one of Britain’s most popular universities, with more than 30,000 students and 3,000 staff and is the largest provider of higher education in the south west of England.
South Gloucestershire and Stroud College (SGSC)
More Jobs in the North Bristol area
- Jobs in Bradley Stoke (from the Bradley Stoke Journal)
- Jobs in Patchway (from the Patchway Journal)
- Jobs in Filton (from the Filton Journal)
More North Bristol Jobs, aggregated by North Bristol Press: